
Today Bonnie completed her first treatment. It is administered slowly, taking 5 hours or so. Alongside the main treatment she was given other medications to treat the side effects. She did feel some odd, uncomfortable sensations at times, but on the whole, is feeling quite reasonable. (Hey, anyone who can stop at Maddox and get some food must be feeling fine!) We will see how it continues over the next few days.
The Dr. was able to answer many questions and give her some good news. He said within 10 days she should see reduced swelling in the affected lymph nodes, and find a return of energy. Sounds pretty good. Treatments will continue every 3 weeks. We will keep you posted as they approach.
The fun part? There is a lady who came by the treatment center today. She is a breast cancer survivor who has begun an organization that collects product donations from local businesses and holds prize drawings for the patients being treated for cancer. A wonderful way to spice up the process. Bonnie won two prizes! Sounds kind of like a party!
7 comments:
Hey Andrea, Is that a picture of me? He He I love it
I just was able to get to your blog. I want you to know that you are in my prayers always. I know you have lots of people in your life to help but, if ever you need anything please let me know. Good luck in your treatments.You are one special lady.
Love & friends
Susie
Bonnie i'm serious...what do you need? Lunch, house cleaning (yeah right, I've never seen it dirty), or anything.
Party eh? Kinda.... GO MOMMY!
one more...if that is a picture of mom, then who is the little asian kid? OH probably just one of my babies huh? okay. So its a future picture.
I was thinking about you and just wanted to say love ya!!!Always a praying for you.Love Susie
Hi Bonnie- We send our love, prayers, strength, and best wishes for courage to you at this time.
Love,
Stan & Isabelle Packer
Post a Comment